Everything about Turkey residence permit
Step 1: Hold a passport of a country legally accepted by Turkey.
The list of the countries whose citizens can’t buy property in Turkey. If you are a citizen from these countries, you can’t own a property in Turkey:
|· Syria||· North Korea||· Nigeria|
|· Armenia||· Cuba||· Yemen|
If you are a citizen from these countries, there are some restrictions you need to beware of for buying a property:
|· China||· East Timor||· Israel|
|· Denmark||· Fiji||· Jordan|
Step 2: Find a property that meets the requirements to attain residency permit in Turkey.
You can purchase any type of property within any price range to apply for residency permit in Turkey. The Turkish Government gives freedom to the buyers who only want to apply for residency permit. To put it simply, the government accepts any applications whether you bought a property $40,000 or $300,000 worth.
Step 3: The title deed aka the TAPU
If the first 2 steps were in your favor, the third most important step is to register your property under your legal name. The title deed proves that the property now belongs to you. Most importantly, it is the most crucial step to apply for Turkey residence permit.
Step 4: Start your Residency Permit Application
Once you find your property and fully register your TAPU on your name, time to fill the pre-application form and send all the papers needed to Directorate General of Migration Management.
For permanent residency permit you will need:
WHAT ELSE THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT RESIDENCY PERMIT IN TURKEY
- You cannot get the Turkey residence permit with a travel document. Effective since January 2019, a valid Passport is required to buy a property and apply for residency permit in Turkey.
- There is no minimum purchase price you need to make to apply for residency. Minimum $250,000 is required if you want to apply for Turkish citizenship.
- You can get Turkey residence permit for your family after purchasing a housing with only your name registered on title deed.
- You can’t get residency permit for your parents. Only your wife/husband and kids.
- For Family Applications You will need: The original copy of the Marriage Certificate apostilled by Turkish embassy. The original copy of Birth Certificate of all the children apostilled by Turkish embassy. All the documents must be translated into Turkish language by a certified translator.
- The bank statement is needed to prove you have financial sustainability in Turkey. Good news is that it’s a petty amount of $3000. You must deposit the money to a local bank. The government will not touch your money as you can withdraw your money after the appointment.
- All family members must fill the residency application form.
- It takes more or less 10 days for Migration Management to approve your application.
- All family members who applied for the residency must attend the appointment.
- You can’t set your appointment date and time. You can notify us about your arrival time and period of stay in advance. We book your appointment in a way that collides with it.
- The first residency permit can be held for 2 years. You can extend your permit as long as you keep your property.
- Once you have your residency permit, you are free to open a business, purchase a car and attend schools. Additionally, you will not need to acquire a visa for any entrance to Turkey.
- As long as you have no criminal past whether it is in your home country or in Turkey, purchasing a house %100 will guarantee you the residency permit.